Monday, April 11, 2011

April 11, 2011


Dear fam.

Sounds like there sure has been a lot going on everywhere.  Lots of excitement and new experiences and learning going on for sure.  I sent Jenni a funny shirt I got form the science museum of Minnesota.  I thought it was a funny science shirt and may be good if she teaches a science thing at school.  (Well, what did it say?)

That’s way cool about Mitch getting accepted in to ASU.  If he wrestled there that would be even better, but with his fatness he probably won't huh...he needs to get married! hahaha I am sure he is sick of hearing that.  One of the commitments Pres. Howell leaves with the missionaries is to get married/engaged in one year!  Fast for sure. I still haven’t figured that out, guess I will when I get home.

The science museum was awesome! I felt like such a little nerd again being able to learn and relearn and now forget every thing.  It was fun for sure.  Elder Waller (his mom is a Wiltbank) took some pictures and he should be sending those to me some time. (we are allowed to email each other because we are related.)  He isn’t in my district or even zone.  We had to get permission to go.  It made it a lot easier because we handed off Ray Harstead that night.

 P-days are normally take a nap, eat a little snack, go email, go shop, take a nap, go play some basket ball or soccer with the district or have bbq or just chill, take a another nap, get home around 5, write as many letters as possible, get ready and out the door.

Investigators. Well, Hilda we didn’t meet with... Shane we didn’t meet with... but hey we picked another investigator up his name is Chris.  He is Mexican and had a rough, really rough life with drugs.  Kind of the same as Shane, but he wasn’t in jail as much.  Chris is about early 20's I think.  He wants to get closer to God and live a better life.  We have the messages that do both of those things so it works perfect!

Elder Peterson and I are doing well. he has just has such a different personality it’s difficult to stay patient some times.  For comp study we read "Create Success" by... I can’t member … but it’s a good talk.  When I was being trained they jammed that into our brains and we were able to chat and talk and digest it.  It kind of made me think of things I "can’t do" - like remember qgc/itl; where some one lives; where I left this, who is that; and changing them into things I can do. I am trying to change my mind sets about things as well. In my studies today (I am reading the New Testament and studying commandments) and in Matthew 6, I think it talks about treasures and where our treasure is so will our heart be.  Treasure right now is finding somebody to teach and keeping the ward excited for missionary work.

Well useless information. I haven’t shopped for any food for the last 2 weeks.  We have so many stinking left over’s from members.  That’s all we are eating and even than we can’t keep up.  Elder Peterson is so skinny and has never gained any weight. lol one of his goals is to gain a little bit before he goes home.  Maybe in those 3 months he will be able to gain a little bit, and I will lose a little bit.

On Thursday I had a man moment or a really weird moment. I pulled lint out of my belly button. First time that has ever happened.  (good grief, really?)

ooo we are also teaching a less active.  She was baptized about 2 years ago and has no testimony of the Book of Mormon or the restored gospel.  Some times I get so frustrated with missionaries who are just about looking good, and not thinking about their investigators salvation and the big picture. She was able to point out the Holy Ghost and recognize that.  Step by step we can get her on the right track.

well till next week
love
elder baker

No comments:

Post a Comment