Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Sounds a little busy, and that's a good thing!


August 21, 2011
fam,
My brain is a little scattered right now. Quite a bit happened this morning and well the last few days.
Good ol' cookouts :) chillin and talking about stories and making new stories for the future cookouts.
One thing I would like to talk about (in his district trainings) is goals (setting and carrying though or enduring to the end … mostly the carrying though part)) and discipline to staying dedicated to something here and now.  Kramer, ( his wrestling coach)at practice gave a two way thing.  Sorry it wasn’t practice it was training :).  If you could snag some of the ideas from him and send them to me slow mail or email all is well.  I would like to do that next district meeting and that will either be on Monday or Wednesday.
Next week... the rest of the transfer is soo upside down with trainings and stuff. Next week I am not sure when I’ll be writing.  If you don’t get one by Friday hop on the account and check it out.
ooo my goodness does it keep me busy.  Late nights and every day this last week I’ve been up at 5 to prep for something or to go help missionaries out.
Bridget is out of town and Bob is still not willing to sit down and chat. After the Book of Mormon and having Kathy commit him to read and pray I think we will be able to teach him after that.
No I haven’t meet President Hugh. I think they switched him out... we go to the temple on Wednesday. I am soooo exited for that to sit and receive and receive.  This whole give, give, give is fun and all but I feel like I am running out of giving.
It doesn’t have to be specific. (he’s speaking of a camel pack) We had a bag like that one, but as long as I can fit my quad of scripture a few pamphlets and another Book of Mormon in it, that will work. The camel pack like back pack and the bladder that holds the water. please.
This week we did 3 moves. 1 into the ward and 2 out ... the ward keeps on getting smaller and smaller... i hope that with school starting soon that the families that were gone for so long (like the ward missionaries and leader) we’ll get back in the swing of things. One of our ward missionaries got back this week from being gone a month. Same with the leader and all that jazz ... who takes a month vacction?? (that made me laugh) There’s been a couple of days I just want to bang my head against the wall, working hard and going nowhere. This week will be better because the people are getting back and our teaching is starting to go back up again. It seems like there is a cycle for everything, big or small. Making the times in the pits going by faster, and soaking up the good times and making sure it stays that way for longer.  I hope to figure that one out soon :)  learn, learn, learn.
We did see Merry Helen. She actually let us teach her instead of her teaching us. That was nice. She has changed the mental attitude that we are taking away from her to we are giving her a knowledge of life which is happiness but she will be gone this week.
A plus was zone conference. I wish I could share things … one was that Sister Clements, well she is all about health and gave a training on eating healthy.  Looks like I have to eat more than just ramen and cereal. (no kidding . . .)
I gotta send a long report to pres today, and it’s going to kick me off at an hour.
I love you
elder baker

No comments:

Post a Comment