Sunday, September 18, 2011

More Rochester news . . .


September 12, 2011
dear fam
Holey smolley this was like a surprise week like none other. The area I am in is Rochester 3rd ward, there are 5 total wards here in Rochester (roc). The members here call it mini Utah and so far it seems to fit just right. Every day we have run into 2 families at least. Sunday was full of seeing members going out for their walks or some sort of family time. I am not in a singles ward come to find out, but the ward its self is a very young ward. Tons of people doing their residency’s for something in the medical field.  There’s a huge medical I don’t know what you call it (I’d call it a facility), but the place is called Mayo Clinic, one of the largest in the United States from what I hear. 30000 people working at the hospital. I can’t remember all the details. 
When we all got to the roc stake center(for their new assignments) about to split of into our individual areas the zone leaders say oooo and by the way you are whitewashing with Elder Marks; here is the area book, go to work... so I got my stuff and here we are. Elder Marks has been out for about 6 months and hasn’t whitewashed or done anything too out of the ordinary. He is for sure learning a lot, trying to stay on top of the game, being obedient and using prayer as power instead of an irritance... any way all is well.  The ward was very welcoming and very nice. Elder Marks is from So Cali and is the baby of 3. Yes we are in a bike area :) and our area stretches about 20 miles north... :) Hopefully I will be able to talk Elder Marks into going there someday. I’m in the roc zone.  My address is.... umm that’s an excellent question. I’ll snail mail it to you later today. If you could send out some soups and chili that would be awesome!! Zumbrota Falls is the very tip of the area we cover. I believe there’s a few more areas “very sticks” that cover more south than me. I’ll see what I can find out. Since I’m whitewashing it may be a little difficult to find everything.
Have you called the mission office to let them know you moved??? Please do that if you haven’t all ready.  (He sounds like I’m an irresponsible parent, huh, what’s up with that?)
Yes we did challenge her (Mary Helen from his last area) to baptism.  She said I already have been ... she believes that Joseph Smith is a prophet and the church is of Jesus Christ, but she wants to stay with her church... she’s not connecting the dots. I am sure Elder Mower will be able to help her with that.
I have heard a ton about the fair (Minnesota State Fair). I don’t know if missionaries are able to go. If they do, they probably have a booth or something like that.
Well let’s see....... I’m in a zebra area. there are 4 missionaries Elder Marks and I are English and the sisters are Spanish. I think I should just be a Spanish missionary I’m not liking this teasing thing with being around so much Spanish ; )  Alot of the members here speak Spanish and makes it sooooo difficult to talk to them. Hard to understand the little bits and pieces of information we need. But all is well, we will get it figured out sooner or later, hopefully sooner.
well till next week. hopefully I’ll have more about the area and people we should be teaching.
love
elder baker
(I asked him what they did to remember 9/11) nope we didn’t do anything special at all. I don’t even think anyone talked about it at church or mentioned it. I did spend some time reflecting on that day ... the craziness and the blessing of having a united nation. It’s great to have reminders good and bad to bring us together and to remember we are all one body under God.

No comments:

Post a Comment