Friday, June 8, 2012

On my way to Canada . . .


June 4, 2012
dear fam,
Monday we got to travel to the Bloomington and to sleep at the assistants place with a few other zone leaders and district leaders. We stayed up and talked about how to help missionaries and great missionaries that are seeing success and other leader stuff.
Leadership training went well. We also had zone accountability.  It was rough, the zone was struggling last month but we have seen a huge JUMP this last week. Hope all continues. We talked a little bit about real growth from the last general conference and some new things we are trying in the mission. There were some powerful experiences and thank goodness I wrote them down because I can’t remember them right now :( ooo remember remember. paper must be smarter than me because when I forget that’s my go to :)
After we left and dropped stuff off and talked... got home figured some things for the next morning’s travel and exchange … got up at 4am, got ready and left to Grand Rapids....
Wednesday was a long day, but it was a good exchange.  Helped already solid elders to do a little better. They are defiantly the most solid companion ship in the zone :)  Taught some lessons, had some goofy times … it was great. One of the elders has been having a ruff time going to bed at 10:30.  We talked about what might help and such. He then turned to me and asked when I went to bed ... I told him honestly but I don’t think it was the best. I told him very rarely do I get to bed or even close to bed by then. He is a very new missionary who seemed to be turned off by my answer. But he will defiantly be a zone leader and needs to understand the new life style and assignment.
Thursday we were on the phone doing conferences and trainings with some elders, different elders about every 45 minutes and were on the phone from 9 till 2 with little breaks in-between. They aren’t very revelatory for me ... I think I’ll work on that. Instead of just evaluating and talking, I need to really learn from the experiences ... maybe I am, just subconsciously.
We than got to work in our own area. I never thought until this assignment that I would enjoy working in my area. We taught a few lessons and it was a wonderful day.
Friday was good, kind of mixed fillings. We had a perfect drop lesson. rather interesting but I wouldn’t have had it any other way. We have been teaching this gentleman for a while and he is defiantly progressing just a little slower. He has had something like 5 years off and on with the lessons. Our joint teacher talked about his conversion and how it took him 17 missionaries to jump into the water. There was a time period where he asked the missionaries to not come back. Our investigator took that to mean maybe that was what he needs to do … not meet with us but to continue to read pray and come to church. He has fellowship in the church, thank goodness. Now it’s up to the members and the investigator.  He needs to have a broken heart and to feel the sprit.
Saturday we were able to work all day with only minor interruptions, it was WONDERFULL :) Taught some lessons and the investigators that we do have are progressing thankfully.
We went to a mui Thai martial arts studio for a dinner. We had tracted into the brother about a month ago. We were the only members there and tons of people. It was a great seed planting experience. I was able to talk about wrestling and a few of them thought it would be fun to do more grapling than just pounding faces with elbows and knees it made me laugh.
Sunday, awesome as always, a few more lessons and 3 investigators to church great day :))))
We are going to Canada today :)
hope all is well
love
elder baker

No comments:

Post a Comment