Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Not sure if this is the end . . .


Aug 6, 2012
dear fam,

I will be arriving in Tucson at 12:30pm. noon thirty.  It’s been different realizing how the days tick away one by one and are gone... but each day is effective and I go to bed dead tired and wake up dead tired.. life is good. 

This week Elder Wixom and I were on exchanges every day but Monday and Sunday. How we pulled though it, I don’t have a clue but all is well. It’s amazing to see how each Elder applies his understanding and faith to the work differently, yet the output for the most part is the same. Each one of us is different, just as each lesson that is taught is different. It’s all for the same purpose, to build the kingdom.

This next week will be interesting. Today we are going to Bloomington for leadership training which will be held tomorrow. Wednesday we will be doing zone training in the Pine City district on Wednesday. Thursday we will be doing zone training in the North Shore district. Friday we will be doing a zone training in the Thunderbay district. Friday night, Saturday and Sunday will be spent proselyting. All the other times we will be driving to and fro, helping the elder’s progress. 

We had a baptism this last week. Brother Tim Wagner who is a part of an active member family. After 18 years of being active in the church he decided to get baptized. The Spirit was strong. A lot of wet eyes and full spirits that night. Simply amazing, there’s no other way to describe it. 

Today I'll be sending a box home, 2 binders and a few odd ball things. I may send another one next week but I’m not sure yet on space and weight quite yet. 

 Duluth is a beautiful area. I will definitely miss the lake, the greens. It’s a wonderful place. 

I’m sure you want to hear more but I am spacing out on all the awesome things that happened this week on exchanges. 
hope all is well
love 
elder baker   

1 comment: