Hey, what's cracilacking!?
I kind of feel like a kid in the rain trying to catch all the water I can, but all I have is a small bowl and I am only getting a little bit of all the information. Hopefully it will all start clicking so I don't have to keep on bugging my comp.
Yes, my bike was chilling there (in the mission home) after we got done doing the "get to know the president". I had another companionship help me put it together. There were alot of bit and pieces, I had not clue what to do.
Adam (my friend Peggy's son Adam Bliss lives about 10 miles from Eagan)called this morning and said "hey". He gave me the run down on what clothes I should buy and about how much everything cost. Ok, it looks like we will be doing that Thursday. Eagan is a small place kind of like Eagar, not a lot (of businesses) but tons of people in a big area.
It seems so alien to hear about the swim team and to not be there. I spent so much time there, and built so many relationships there. It is a good thing that they kicked MVHS socks off. It's nice to know that there is one thing we are better at. I bet we will beat them in wrestling this year as well. That would be so nice if we were able to do that, for sure it would boost every ones spirits.
Everything here is going good. The people here are super nice. I have only been run off some ones property once and then only had one guy that wanted to bash. So, it's so good. Another person on 9/11 was very insightful. He had all this stuff about how man makes a box out of religion and says, "live in this box". But, why would God, in his religion, make a box when there is so much to God, and how He is so much bigger and so realistically there is no box. He had tons of questions about still-births and after life and all that. He was very stubborn and thick headed because we are Mormon and we are in a "box". We are going to go by again. He kept on asking us to come by, so I guess we will. After we stopped by his house we realized it was 9/11, so we had a little prayer and then went on with the work. I can still remember that day so well. It's amazing how something happened so fast and we couldn't stop it. It also made me think about people, about the many dispensations of the Church. After 9/11 we came back to the Lord and religion and everyone loved thy neighbor as thyself and now . . . we are back in that pit; going nowhere. It is kind of wierd that really anything can be related to the gospel (or even wrestling) . . . (of course he would say that!)
I am 170 lbs now and have been for the past week. So I still have my girly figure, no worries. Last night we ate at the bishops house and the Martins (I guess that must be the Bishop's name) and Elder Kinikini kept eating and eating. I forget who asked, but someone said, "Elder Baker why don't you eat more and follow your trainers example." Elder K answered for me and he said, "because he is a wrestler and like a high school girl." We had a nice laugh about that. I eat until I am content and am very appreciative and I do my best to eat more when people look disappointed when a big guy doesn't eat much.
Next week, as a companionship we are going to read the Book of Mormon in 10 days - 53 pages every day, and holy cow, that's a lot of reading, that's fast, that's like all we do in the morning for 3 hours, read and study and do it more. I think back in the day I should have read more so I don't have to drink so much kool aid to stay awake. (I'm sure he meant to say that he should have listened to his mother when she told him he should read more! hahaha)
ooooo and at one of the ghetto places, there is like a kandy lady and she sells all this stuff, candy and food, soda and other stuff. She does this to keep the kids there and off the street. She has a nice little house where kids play games and fun stuff. One of the things she makes is a koolaid pie. It is sooooooo good. I would send one back to AZ but it would melt. They are so good. She says its like a cream with the koolaid pack with no sugar and then like a pie crust at the buttom (totally the way he spelled it!) It is sooo good.
In that package you were going to send sometime, could you send my knife, the little one and . . . I can't remember, I left my list at home, so maybe after next week if you could send it that would be awesome.
Well I can't think of what else to say and I am so slow at typing and I can't wait till I can whip a letter out faster than 50 minutes. S - L - O - W hahah (inside joke - everyone remember?)
love you all
Elder Baker
No comments:
Post a Comment