March 19, 2012
Dear fam,
The weather has been a little crazy warm with a suit, but it’s been good.
I did get the second package. I’ll call president and get that approved. If not I’ll let you know.
Our investigators are bagging us. There were only a few lessons that we taught.. but the few that we did went really well. We were able to clear up some concerns and help two work towards baptism. Nobody came to church...
Sacrament was about charity. A few sisters and then the stake dry councilor talked as well. It’s amazing to see the love and the charity that they have. That’s one thing that I have really come to believe is that women (or at least a high majority) have tons of charity. Sunday school was about Jacob 2 and magnifying callings and how those that we serve if we do not magnify our callings their sins will be on our heads because we didn’t do our best to help. Priesthood was about service and helping those in need even though we may not want to.
Carmel corn would be good :)
In one lesson that we taught, the sister was feeling very powerless, single mom, 1 teen, 7 and 5 year olds. We talked about how she is a daughter of God and that gives her power. It was a great experience to bring some light into the dark tunnel that she felt she was in.
ha-ha there has been a new move in, the Lee family. There’s 6 kids and than the 2 parents. They have added alot to our branch family. They live right next to a non-active part-member family. They will work wonders :) great attitude and not afraid of any pressure.
The grass is starting to turn green and the trees are starting to have buds. The snow is all Gone! Bring on the heat!
Elder Sned and I have been running every other morning. Well I have been running and he has been walking. I have felt a lot better for a while well actually I felt tons of pressure and just didn’t feel healthy at all. But the running has helped the pressure release valve go off and it has worked wonders.
On Friday we worked in Le Center, about 19 miles from our apartment. It’s a little Irish community of 2,000 people, and they were all getting pumped for Saint Patrick’s day... aka starting to drink. It’s amazing to see the differences from town to town. New Preage Saturday there where hardly any drinking or parties going on. Just amazing to see how each community is so different. The most success we have seen is in Jordan mmm that’s also where the most members are. somewhere, that there are no members like Le Center we had ZERO immediate success. Just amazing how towns are changed when there are members there are.
Every fast Sunday we go and have dinner at the second counselor in the stake presidency. We talked about how silly it is when parents move while I am on my mission, but thankfully you let me know the address to the new home. He asked where I would be doing my talk when I get home. I had not a clue so I asked him. He replied that if someone had done that in his stake, he would encourage them to report in both wards as well as both high councils. I feel some sort of connection to both wards I think that would be fine, but I’m game for whatever … I am not scared.
This week I’ll finally do my first exchange and then there is also a specialized training. I am excited for both. It’s funnn to see how every missionary is different and then how to help them in the many different, various struggles they have in their lives.
hope all is well thanks for all the letters every one sent!
love
elder baker
No comments:
Post a Comment