April 23, 2012
dear fam,
I was able to open the extra rosi
pictures. I got the snail mail this morning from last week’s letter.
The trip up to Thunder Bay was
beautiful! (TB is in Ontario, he finally got to use his passport!) If I have extra time to add them on to the email I will gladly. It
was a wonderful drive. We did a little bit of sight seeing on the way up and
back. The shoreline is beautiful but the flippin water is freeezing! One of the
times, there were some rocks that lead up to a larger rock … my goal was to get
to the larger rock ... opsss I slipped and brrrrr its cold water!!! There are 4
elders up in Thunder Bay. They generally are there for 6 months there’s only
been one or two that haven’t stayed there for that long in the past few years.
There are 10 companionships 3 senior couples in the zone with 12 congregations. In the mission each
zone has a nickname like Rochester is the rock and Duluth is the chiefs, mainly
because we have one of the more obedient teams and we have tons of natives in the
zone.
Elder Johnny Watkins (his new companion) was in the MTC
with me, but in the other district. He is from northeast LA and he is a great
guy. In the transfer call, president
hinted I would die in this area … like go here to Arizona, not actually die. (missionary lingo for going home)
No worries about the winter stuff I
kept what I need. It’s not that bad, if I do get a little cold it will be good
for me... right? I've got my big thermals and big coat so ill be fine
I study from Doctrine Covenants, the
Book of Mormon and preach my gospel. I do my best to hit all 3 every day.
This week was a good week. Every day
continues to get busier and busier. . Tuesday, Wednesday we were in Thunder
Bay. Helped train a new district leader up there on his responsibilities. I did
the training. He was nervous … I was nervous, it worked out well.
Thursday we were able to get on a
conference call with president and the other zone leaders and talk about the
zone conferences that are coming up and what to prepare. Later we taught some
great investigators. One of them reminds me a lot of Sister Blohm. She makes a
living off of making and selling crafts and shows and is always working on a
project. Her daughter is used to the busyness and continually says "I am
bored". We are trying to get some ways to entertain her and make it so she
has no reason to think she is bored.
Later in the night we went by a
professional rapper. He is way cool and a pretty progressive investigator. Has
a nice family and hates all the crazy things that are talked about and happen
at events he goes to. He is doing or trying to change those around. This week
he is doing a thing with "crusher" who is in bone thugs and harmony.
Ask Mitch he can fill you in.
Friday was crazy weekly planning and
solving problems most of the day and after that we went from teaching
appointment to the next to the next. It turned out to be a really good day.
Saturday we did a stake mission leader
training for about an hour. That was funnnnnn. All the leaders in the stake got
together and than broke off and we got to do some training. It’s amazing the trust level that there is in
missionary leadership.
Sunday was a great time, had
stake conference. President and Sister Hugh where there. (The Temple President
who taught Seminary in Eagar a LONG time ago) We chatted for a long time, they
will be working in the temple the day that I do my going home temple
trip.
Hope all is well, it was a good week
here.
love elder baker
No comments:
Post a Comment