Thursday, May 10, 2012

 
May 7, 2012
dear fam,

My guess that’s a few zones, three of four.   (I’m helping feed he missionaries at a Zone Conference on Thursday and was asking him how big his zone was.)

When did Cord get baptized?!  I don’t remember hearing about that, that’s super good!

We will be skyping, it’ll be at the Bacon’s.  I am going to snail mail my sd card home full of pictures with the Bacon’s information feel free to call and set all that jazz up with them.  (YIKES, this is Monday and we have to be ready on Sunday, does he think that information is gonna get here in time?  Obviously calling home is not top on his priority list.)

Those elders are doing well. Elder Katoa (his 2nd companion and one of his favorites) white washed in to Ascove and enjoying the struggles that go along with that. Elder Pedersen (his last companion who Rhett worked so hard with to keep him on his mission and now is serving faithfully) has grown up a lot and doing well. I plan to visit him as much as possible which may not be very often, but will be fun... (when they get home I think)

Monday we traveled down to Bloomington to have zone leader council it was crazy intense. I meet an elder that was in one ward where Mitch served Elder Renal. It must have been after he bit the tailgate of the truck... but I’m not totally sure. All Elder Rena really remembers is how goofy he was/ is and his big flippen cheeks… that’s right fatty.

Tuesday went to North Branch and got caught in a crazy storm, a little nerve racking at that moment.  We had all the windows open at night because it was a little too warm inside (80) and cooler out side. The tornado sirens went off and well no one heard it.  Elder Watkins sleeps really hard and I'm not sure why the other elders didn’t wake up but the screens on the window blew off and a lot of stuff got soaked. North Branch is a beautiful place.
Wednesday... did some emergency things... I felt tons of pressure and it wasn’t very enjoyable but all turned out for the better.  (what does that mean?)
Thursday morning we got back in our area. We had 7 member presents planned out and they were really solid but for some reason only one carried through… it was rather depressing but all will turn out for the better. Friday was a slow day lots of calls and trainings over the phone...
Saturday we went up the shore to Boundary Waters I think its spelled Grand Merae. It was funnn! We took
Elder Veni and Wizom, our district leader and his companion. They serve with us in the North Shore Ward. We ended up in the car for 6 hours. it was soooooooooooooooooooooooo beautiful and the spirit chastised all of us for not doing more work up there. It’s really difficult because of the drive times and miles, but it was way worth it.

Sunday was good. Had some interesting, I'm not sure what to call it, but fast Sunday testimonies… well, they were not testimonies... it was really odd and strange. I ready my scriptures instead :) 

This week we did about 500 miles in the car... we have 2300 miles and we are using them up really quick. There was a period of 4 days where things where going south and we weren't able to study. It was a huge bummer and I really missed having that feast to set me right and give me something to feed off of.

Well all is well. Life is going good. Lots of pressure.   Everywhere I turn it seems to be more pressure. Just like coach always said "pressure makes diamonds".

I have a lot to report to President this week.  I hope all is well. Thank you for the prayers and thoughts.
Love
Elder baker

No comments:

Post a Comment