Sunday, August 15, 2010

excerpts from the 1st letter in the MTC . . .

August 12, 2010

 The MTC is good.  The barfing feeling is gone.  (note from mom:  For 4 or 5 days before he left, he just felt like throwing up all the time - I told him it was just nerves.  He didn't really believe me because he'd never been nervous like that before . . . even with all those wrestling matches, he wasn't ever nervous enough to feel like throwing up - I feel that way lots, so he now knows that when you want to barf, it's just nerves . . . lol)  Rhett continues:  The spirit here is just like being in the Temple.  My district is cool.  Elder Hills is my companion, and he can be spiritual at times.  At times the food here is good, but keeping my girlish figure won't be hard! 
Last night at Zone Conference the Elders said it's better while we are in the MTC for people to write us at DearElder.com (note from mom:  if you don't know how to do that, please call or email me).  Rhett:  We only have 30 minutes and I read and type a little slow. 
I don't know what else to say, it's all still kind of overwhelming . . . We have an hour every day for gym.  I hope it's well and hot in my big Arizona!
Love,
Elder Baker

He wrote this the day after he arrived in the MTC and it came in the mail on Saturday.  I was so happy to get it - that first letter is like manna from heaven! 
He's since seen my nephew Doug Wright, who works at the MTC as well as Scotty Catt.  Scotty had dinner with him one night and said that Rhett seems to be adjusting well and is "solid" - hopefully that means something good!  : )  

I will try to post at least some of his weekly letter . . . Thanks to you all for helping him reach his goal of serving a mission . . . it certainly does take a community~
DeAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment