Sunday, August 29, 2010

Letter received Friday, August 27, 2010

I learned alot today . . .
While I was writing my letters, Elder Miller (a missionary in his district that Rhett is "close" to)said, "You have alot of people that care about you. You must feel very loved." It was really interesting to hear someone say that to me. It was a good realization for me.
Next I learned why Mitch's garments are a groddy color. The time here to wash clothes is very limited. They also give us enough money on our card to only do 2 loads, so my garments will be a little off color as well . . .
We had a devotional tonight. It was Elder Walter F. Gonzales. He is a really funny mexican. He is in the presidency of the Seventy. He talked alot but it was a little hard to understand him, but he said the "MTC is a special place. You are here in the world, but you cannot live in the world. The only contact you have with the world is your teachers and those who send you letters" I thought that was cool. It made it more real. That's one reason the spirit is so strong here.
(Please don't be offended by this next part, it's just my boys . . . and probably most boys I would guess~) The food here is mmmmm different. And I feel alot like Mitch. I am farting or making wind so much more. Not stinky, but LOUD and they're kinda wet! (I think that's the word he says, I can't really decipher it . . . goodness these boys~)
The DCE girl is Erin Pope, she did work in counseling (my office just hired Erin and I was asking him about her) Sometimes she is a little odd . . . as most teenagers are. (interesting remark~)
I wish I could be there swimming and wrestling and helping people become better. All the "sit around and do nothing" is killing me. My diet is doing good and I haven't gained any weight, so don't worry about that. (I think he is the one worried about that, because I'm sure not . . . hahahah)
Uncle Rick (Westfall) really needs to calm down with the horses. He either needs to stop buying them or dad needs to find a job where he doesn't get so beat up, he (dad) is getting old and his bones are not as strong as they used to be. (another interesting comment)
(Rhett talks some about his companion, things are a little tricky with that relationship, and we found out Friday that he left the MTC and went home, that was hard on Rhett.)
YES, everyone in my district is going to minnesota. We leave the first of September at 3:00 am. We get to the airport at 4 and leave at 6:45 am and get to the Minnesota airport at 12:00 noon. (Rhett called on Friday and said that their flight plans had changed and that they weren't leaving the MTC until 5:00 am . . .)
I am trying to write little kaps (recaps) of the days so you know what's going on in each day (he sent a bunch of 3X5 cards with his letter that gave us a scripture and some thoughts about the day - it was pretty cool)
Thank you for the bike stuff. When I get to the field, can you put maybe $300 in my account? Then check it till I get my jacket and then just keep about $50 in there after that.
I probably won't be calling when I get to the airport.
0000 funny story, we got little elastic bands, kinda like the one I got after my surgery. They make really good weapons/slingshots, they are awesome. We launched a bouncy ball and it dented a door pretty good. Then it gave a black man (Elder James) a bruise. . . I didn't know black people bruise. (silly boy . . .)
Well hope all is well at home, I hope the blog is going well.
Love,
Elder Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment