Saturday, August 21, 2010

Snail mail written Sunday, August 15, 2010

Here are just a few excerpts from his letter . . .


I think I'm going to write a little bit a day.  I can't keep my days straight.  Today is Sunday, the 15th.  Sunday's here are just like every day here, except that we took the sacrament and we don't exercise.
Elder Hill (his companion) blames everything on his depression and Elder Messanger (someone in his district?) blames everything on his ADD.  Why can't they just suck it up?  (so Rhetty . . .)
Sunday has been good, way spiritual.  We did have a fireside and the guy who wrote "Lord I Would follow Thee" sang the song.  Everyone was quieter as it got to the last verse because they were all crying.  We sang this song at the closing of my last talk back home. (He really felt the spirit as he sang the song at his farewell - I don't think he's ever been choked up during a song before, but he was during that song . . . and then to hear it again so soon in the MTC, good stuff!)
My companion Elder Hill is from Vancouver Washington.  He is very _________ (I can't read the word) and he can be focused, but usually only when there is a teacher  nearby or we are in a discussion with an investigator.  The days are starting to blend together and they are really speeding up.
The food is good, but it's not like mom's (ahhhhh).  I am doing my best to stay the weight I started.  I eat slow and very little.  I think I actually may be losing weight!  I eat a small breakfast.  A salad for lunch and then dinner is one normal plate.  It's about the same size as our small plates at home.
I saw Elder Weiss just before he left.  He sure did change alot in the last few years.  But he isn't that crazy missionary weird type, which is good!  (that made me laugh~)
Well there you go . . .
Love,
Elder Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment